Friday, January 15, 2010

Welcome community plumbers (aka Drupal)

Towards the end of last year we loaded up the Drupal archives and subscribed to their active lists. Drupal is a pretty successful project with lots of real-world use and we figured they might be reasonably chatty online.

As preparation for this post, I checked out the Drupal front page. I love a good analogy and their HTML <title> but a good smile on my face:
    <title>drupal.org | Community plumbing</title>
It made me think we might re-consider the MarkMail title, given what we do. MarkMail helps organize development communities and so my first thought was:
    <title>markmail.org | Community organization</title>
More specifically, we help with project histories so I changed it to:
    <title>markmail.org | Community histories</title>
And then, perhaps best of all, I landed on:
    <title>markmail.org | Community libraries</title> 
And as the chart above shows, these folks are pretty chatty and have been so since about 2004.

So here's a hearty welcome from us at MarkMail

Librarian

to the busy folks over at Drupal

Plumber

No comments: